Home About Shop Featured Contact Sponsor

Friday, October 21, 2011

Rainy, Cold Days=Comfort Food

Urgh...I can handle the rain...what I can't handle is it raining ALL week long. The words that come to mind when it is wet and cold. Dreary, depressed, yucky, blah, sad...COMFORT FOOD!Ah yes, good ole' home cookin'. Like this easy crook pot stew...


Recipe 

1.5 lbs stewing beef, cubed
4-6 carrots ( I used a bag of mini carrots)
1 Onion (I usually do-but Gray has this thing with onions-so they didn't make it in this time!)
4 Potatoes, cubed
1 can of tomato soup, undiluted
1/2 can water
1 cube of beef stock
*Dash of Cayenne Pepper
*Few dashes of thyme
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 cup of frozen peas

*When it comes to spices, I rarely measure, I just shake whatever I have in and taste as I go along!

Brown beef on all sides in a skillet. Place potatoes in the bottom of pot followed by beef, carrots. & onions. Mix all liquids and spices together, poor over top of veggies. Stir all together. Cover and cook for 3-4 hours on high or I have even left it for 7 hours on low while at work. For the last half hour-add in the peas and recover. I've even thickened up the sauce with some cornstarch too...just depends on what you like!

Happy Friday!!!


Photobucket

1 comment:

WCA Yash Travel said...

if I use pressure cooker, is it the same procedure and how long should I cook?