Home About Shop Featured Contact Sponsor

Monday, December 19, 2011

Vote for my Christmas Card!

Remember my Christmas Card? It made it into the top 30 at The Paper Mama!!! So, um, ya... I would like to win some of the very cool prizes over there, so....
Psst...you should go on over to The Paper Mama and vote for my Christmas Card...cause it's awesome!!!Plus, there are a tons of fantastic cards from other bloggers...which I suppose you can vote for too!! LOL! It's good inspiration for next years card!

Here is how I edited the original photo....
SOOC
After some basic editing in Photoshop (adjusting the contrast/lightness, cleaning up some of the shadows), I grabbed a photo of my tree lights...
...and flipped it horizontal. I then created a new layer on my original photo and positioned it on top. I faded out this layer while I worked on erasing out the parts that covered Gray and Westyn's face. After I was done, I put the opacity back to 100%.


I wasn't completely sold on the color one becuase I knew that I wanted to do some colorful lettering...so I changed it to black and white to see what that would look like.

After some color tweaking and applying a warming filter over top, I ended up with the final effect. Added my wording and voila! Our Christmas card...

Lish

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Forgot to tell you I voted! That is awesome!

Amy said...

So cute! Voted! Good luck!

Trisha @ Inspiration Laboratories said...

I checked out the cards. There were some really good ones, some cute ones, and some unique ones. I liked yours the best! Hope you win. :)