Home About Shop Featured Contact Sponsor

Friday, February 3, 2012

Poetic Winter Photography Challenge-Solitude

As a stay at home mom with only one car between Mike and I, I can certainly relate to the isolation feeling that comes with it being winter. It's not so easy to go out for a walk with a 10 month old and a 2.5 year old. Pushing the stroller through snow covered sidewalks is out of the question and Westyn's not really keen on the wagon, nor am I, when I want him to take a nap! The last couple days have been really mild so we have gotten to go for a walk and it was been so refreshing...to breath in the crisp air and to feel the breeze on your face.

Today's prompt is Solitude and although, in the true sense of the word, I have not been experiencing it, I've certainly had that 'cabin fever' feel. I did manage to capture a few shots that embrace what Solitude means to me though...




This is by far my most favorite photo I have ever taken! Plus, a lilac bud in February!? Linking this photo up at Look Whooooos Snapping.

Linking this post up here:
Poetic Winter Photo Challenge

Did you have a solitude moment this week? Link up at my Frivolous Friday's Linky!
Lish

14 comments:

ANNE said...

Loving your photos! Where do I get a "Go Away" sign???? lol

Beautiful work, TFS!

Alyx said...

I love the second photo!!!

Rolled Up Pretty said...

I love the picture of the buds

Rolled Up Pretty said...

I love the picture of the buds

Jennie Louise said...

Hiya!
Blogging hopping around on the project Alicia - Poetic Winter theme.. thought id say hi and that the bud photo is lovely. Similar to the sort of stuff I photograph. i love my time alone with nature. ;-)
jennie x

Anonymous said...

Oh! So so beautiful!

Melanie said...

OH MY mama. This is BEAUTIFUL. I just love how you did the collage, & your pics are stunning!

Hhaaa... I need a go away sign asap!

alicia said...

This is an absolutely beautiful series. I especially love the way you interspersed the words throughout. Lovely.

Patrice said...

Gorgeous!

Kristi {at} Live and Love...Out Loud said...

So many pretty shots! I'm really loving the raindrops on the glass. :)

Thanks for joining us in the Poetic Winter Photography Challenge. If you haven't already downloaded the freebie of the week, stop by my place when you get a chance! Next week's theme will be Warmth. Have a great weekend. :)

Pam said...

Love all the photos. I too want the go away sign. :) Love the one of the buds, very nice.

Breena said...

These are beautiful! So glad you were able to share this week at "Life as this Mommy knows It"!

My Captivating Life said...

Stunning photo's! I can relate. We are having vehicle problem's right now so we are down to one vehicle that only seats 5 and there are 6 in our family. Hopefully it will only last a few more weeks. I can't wait for warmer weather either!

Breena said...

Your photo is being featured at "Life as this Mommy knows It" this week!! Thanks for participating and congrats!