Home About Shop Featured Contact Sponsor

Monday, March 5, 2012

A Weekend of Thoughts-Simplifying


My name is Lish, and I am addicted to the internet.

After writing my last post on Thursday, I told myself that I HAD to unplug for the weekend. I didn't know if I would be able to do it, but I did!!! It's amazing what a weekend of being unplugged has done for me. First, I got to spend all my time with the three incredible men in my life. We got to do 'stuff'...nothing in particular and lots of things got crossed off our to do list...

Things like...caulking the baseboards in the kitchen. Priming the ceiling in the sunroom.  Watching a movie with Mike. Spending a day shopping at Ikea and Michaels...

...and finger painting (literally)...

....Building furniture from IKEA...

...Celebrating someones 11 month birthday!!..

...Putting on makeup...

Finding the best Antique Market ever-with a whole corner dedicated to cool pieces of wood like this...for only $5!

....Getting my craft on...

 and just playing!

Mostly this weekend proved to me that blogging is not everything. Well, of course I know it's not, but sometimes I get overwhelmed by it. By trying to keep up with 'that' blogger... you know... the one that has no kids and blogs for a living. Or the one that has kids but they are all in school, or are grown and don't live at home...someone that obviously has time on her hands to dedicate to blogging full time. Which in my reality, does not describe me in any way.

My unplugged weekend showed me that I need to simplify...that things don't need to get done right away. I can take some time and do nothing. That my kids don't need a gazillion toys, and that I need to plan things better so that the important things get done first and the unimportant things get moved to the bottom of the list. I need to set some boundaries when it comes to work and play...it might not all happen at once, but I am going to make small changes here and there. And of course I will share this with all of you and let you know what works and what doesn't...because what fun would I be if I kept all the messy details of my life from you?!LOL!

So yes, my unplugged weekend revealed a lot. It was so hard too...even right now I am dying to check Pinterest. But I'm not. Instead I'm going to make a tea and finish my Spring wreath before two gorqeous boys wake up! And I am not going to try and catch up on my favorite blogs...I will just wait for their new posts...that is going to be hard to (so, ok, maybe I will check a few!)...wish me luck!

Anyway, happy Monday friends!

Lish

8 comments:

Courtney said...

And this is why I love you Lish. I completely relate to what you have been feeling. And I've noticed a lot of people are feeling a little burnt out. Perhaps we are all worn out from hitting the ground hard in January…and its just time to regroup and refocus on the most important things. Love this post. Everything word, every picture.

Patrice said...

Maybe that's what a need - an unplugged weekend!

Melanie said...

Oh how I can relate w/ you o this! I have been finding it so hard to balance "it" all. Before I fell in love w/ photography & blogging, it was a challenge, & now it is just a mess! I love that you just unplugged for the weekend. I am going to try to somehow cut back. Thanks for this post mama! LOVED seeing your pretty face in pictures, & looks like you had a grand weekend! Xo

Moments and Impressions said...

I try to spend at least one whole day on the weekend off. Off blogs, email, Internet surfing. It can be such a refresher.

Chrissy said...

Isn't it great to unplug every now and then?! And isn't it amazing how much you can do once you're unplugged?!
Happy Wednesday xxx

Kat of EmKatCreations said...

Glad you had such a great weekend!

Joyce said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joyce said...

Lish, I think I am your oldest follower and my ideas aren't always so up to date re computers! I say do whatever makes the happiest memories and for me that is real life stuff. Computer stuff takes up so much valuable time (especially Pinterest)! I love reading about your real life situations. And your photos of the boys and the snowdrops are fantastic! Glad you unplugged for the weekend and enjoyed your family and shopping!