Home About Shop Featured Contact Sponsor

Monday, November 26, 2012

My Christmas Decor {a re-share from last year}

Do you ever get stumped when decorating for Christmas? Like your trying to figure out where you had something but can't remember where? That was me this year so I've been pulling inspiration from Pinterest and my photos from last year. So just in case maybe your lacking some magical Christmas inspiration  I thought I would re-share my holiday decor from last year.

So let's go on a little tour of my house shall we...?


At the back door (the one we use all the time!) you are greeted by this grapevine wreath. I have changed out the felt flowers, ribbon and bells for many different things-depending on the season! Gotta love hot glue! I've carried the Grapevine wreaths through to the front of the house as well by displaying them in our three front windows. I love using natural elements in with all the glittery things!

Our shelf where we drop our keys and other random things got dressed up with our Santa Hats this year...our first Christmas as a family of four!


These are our kitschy shelves as you go up a few stairs to the main level. Yes, we live in an older home with lots of quirks! The shelves are usually jam packed with random junk but I've recently put some functional baskets there to collect all of our 'stuff' and jazzed it up with a pop of my favorite color...which you will see throughout our home!


My favorite area! The tree and mantel...this is where Christmas happens! For two years now Red, Turquoise, Lime Green and a touch of Pink have made their way into my holiday color scheme. I love the break from the traditional colors. The star was a new addition this year!



Traditional ornaments mixed with family heirlooms and handmade ones from little hands...I love our tree!


The mantel went a bit retro this year with the addition of this vintage sign I picked up for $5! I went back the next day to grab some more but they were all gone! I am so glad I ditched the traditional pine garland in favour for this whimsical berry and leaf one.


White mini lights, gold and turquoise balls, shimmering stars and crafty snowman live in perfect harmony here!


Another new addition this year, my Yarn Wrapped Trees.


Hanging ornaments from your chandelier-brilliant!


Here is a look at two of the many shelves in my glass cabinet in the dining room. I jazzed up my everyday pieces with ornaments to give them some holiday flare. 


This, I am calling my Twig Layered Trifle (get it-layered beads-trifle?! Haha) As we receive Christmas Cards in the mail, I've been punching a hole in them and stringing them to the dogwood branches.


Another imitation from my inspiration pins...my version of felted garland!

And lastly, a simple yarn wrapped wreath with a festive snowflake hung in the middle!

Have you decorated yet, or are you a last minute decorator? I'd love to see photos :)
Photobucket
    Follow along on Twitter  Facebook  Pinterest

6 comments:

amberlyn jo said...

I love your decorations!!! I have got to get my house decorated, it always puts me in a good mood. Just haven't had the time or energy!
xoxo

Angee @ October Morning said...

I love the vase with candy canes and your paper chain. We have the tree decorated and are in the middle of "don't take the ornament off the tree" lessons. It's gonna be a long season. ;)

The Millers said...

I am so in love with all of your decorations! You are so talented, especially the wreaths- beautiful! We just have a little apartment and we are traveling for most of the christmas season so I just put a few little things-- I bet your home feels so magical :) I love christmas time!

Unknown said...

Everything is sooo pretty but I love the paper chain and mantel, gorgeous!

xoxo, Tanya
twelveOeight

Debbie @ OtRD said...

Oh, everything looked so great! I just love the Santa hats that were hanging up!

Pride In Photos Beauty said...

The frosted look of all your christmas decor is just awesome. The aqua and reds make an amazing pair of colors for the occasion.
Laurie @ Pride in photos