Home About Shop Featured Contact Sponsor

Monday, November 1, 2010

Just Being

f
"Having a lot on my plate, but dropping it all for moments like these..."

I stumbled across this on one of my all time favorite blogs Enjoying the Small Things. Kelle is so inspirational and she has a such a way with words. This part of her blog fit perfectly with the discussion I had with Mike last night. We were sitting on the floor in the living room playing with Grayson after supper. For a split second, I thought to myself, why can't this happen all the time? So I asked Mike when the last time was that he actually enjoyed something-by enjoyed I mean, with no other thoughts, worries, looking at the clock. Just simply being. He couldn't remember, and neither could I. I went shopping a few weeks back with a good friend, but I was on a mission with a shopping list and had only a few short hours...so did I really enjoy myself? It was great to see her and be out of the house, but there was always something in my head, something I had to do. This past weekend we were away at my parents for my brothers wedding, and I think I half enjoyed myself.  I don't think Mike and I bickered at all, Gray was happy and had no tantrums, but as soon as we arrived home. It was like a bomb went off. Everything rushed back, the dishes, the stacks of papers on the table, the cat hair on the couch, bills to pay. I felt as though life was hitting me in the face again, taunting me for being away for so long.  It's a continuous circle that never stops. So how do you do it? How do you drop your plate and carry on? Maybe I am afraid of the crash...but I know those moments where you truly enjoy yourself make up for it, right?

So when was the last time you enjoyed yourself, just simply being?

  After note: I wrote this a few weeks back and it's been sitting in my drafts folder. Since writing this I have decided to take action...with a positive attitude! Gray has become quite the little helper too, he loves sweeping and vacuuming... although, its more entertaining then useful...but that's OK! I am trying not to let the small stuff get in the way of the big stuff. It's a state of mind that I am not familiar with, but on this very fine Monday, I am going to TRY! So here's to a week of reading books, playing peek-a-boo and just being! Oh, and the Christmas decorating countdown is on...it is Nov. 1st after all! :) Wish me luck!
h

No comments: