Home About Shop Featured Contact Sponsor

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A typical morning...I hope not!

s
Gray woke up this morning with a huge grin. Ha! I didn't know the devil could hide behind something so cute.

Breakfast started out innocently enough as well. Mmm. Rice Krispies, banana and a yogurt! His favourite!

But clearly, I was an awful mother for thinking my child would eat a banana and they committed banana suicide as they hit the floor... Ok, not that bad, I can handle picking up the bananas. The cereal went down alright and he even handed me the bowl when he was finished! All done! Wrong...he wanted more, so I filled up his bowl. Then his cup hit the floor and he was screeching to get out of his chair, I tried to pull his tray away from him but he kept grabbing at it, screeching at me with this look of intent.

I said, "No, all done!"

Well, his hands started wailing and Rice Krispies and milk were everywhere! Lovely.

"Are you done? Or do you want more?" I am not sure how I was expecting my 18 month old to answer.

He shakes his head no.

"Do you want a yogurt?"

He shakes his head no.

"Ok, then your all done"

Hysterical screaming and body flailing begin. Once he's on the floor he keeps pointing at his yogurt! of course! Why didn't I think to offer him his yogurt!

I try to spoon some yogurt into his mouth, but he wants to do it himself.

"Ok, but you need to sit at the table."

He shakes his head no. Grabs the yogurt cup from my hand and runs. He just wanted to see his pregnant momma run I guess. So run I did. Too late. Yogurt is all over the floor. The screaming starts again.

And continues for 10 minutes while I clean up all the food on the floor.

So what did I do? What any sensible mom does when she is about to freak out at 7:30 in the morning. I went and sat on the couch and turned the volume up on the TV.

Good morning to me. I am so looking forward to going to work today.
d

No comments: