Home About Shop Featured Contact Sponsor

Monday, November 21, 2011

Christmas Decor-Vanessa @ The Crafty Nest

Imprintalish

Ruffle Wreath11Ruffle Wreath10

Hey guys! I'm Vanessa from The Crafty Nest, where I blog about my love for glitter and glue guns. I'm a freelance writer when I'm not chasing after a toddler. I suffer from craft ADHD, constantly working on at least 10 projects at the same time, and my craft room tends to look like a tornado blew through it. Thanks so much to Lish for inviting me to her blog. I made this wreath originally for Valentine's Day, after being inspired by Jill's fabulous Felt Pomp Wreath. This wreath would be perfect for any holiday or occasion, including Christmas, just use matching felt. Happy crafting!

Materials
Foam Wreath (preferably a festive heart one)
Felt (about 1 yard, not hot pink if you are planning on photographing it)
Straight Pins
Scissors
Ruffle Wreath1

Directions
Step 1: Cut circles out of your felt. Lots and lots of circles. I used a spool of ribbon (about 3 inches wide) as my circular template but you can use anything round to trace circles onto your felt, then just cut away. The larger the circle, the bigger the ruffles. I didn't want to over cut and waste felt or time so I cut a few circles, pinned a few to my wreath, cut a few more, pinned a few more until it was complete.

Ruffle Wreath2
Step 2: Take a felt circle and fold it in half. Fold it in half once again to form a ruffle.

Ruffle Wreath4
Step 3: Stick a straight pin in at the tip of the ruffle and pin it to the foam wreath.

Ruffle Wreath3
Ruffle Wreath5

Step 4: Repeat steps 2 & 3 until your wreath is full of ruffles. Pin ruffles close together so the foam wreath doesn't show. Only pin ruffles to the front half of the wreath so it will sit flat against the door (plus, no one will see the back). Be warned, this is a bit time consuming (especially if you have OCD tendencies like I do).
Ruffle Wreath6
Ruffle Wreath7

Step 5: Attach a small piece of ribbon to the back with a couple pins to form a hanger.
Ruffle Wreath12

Step 6: Hang and admire!

Felt Ruffle Wreath
Ruffle Wreath8

Brought to you by:
The Crafty Nest





Thank you so much for sharing your wreath with us today, Vanessa!! I've become quite the felt fanatic lately, so I really love this! The nice thing too is that it is so versatile...and who says you can't have a hot pink wreath up for Christmas?!!
Lish 









1 comment:

Jamie said...

this is awesome! Love the color :)