Home About Shop Featured Contact Sponsor

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Holiday Treats-Cookies with Angee @ Sunshine in My Life!

Hi there everyone. I am Angee from Sunshine in My Life. I'm very excited that Lish asked me to be apart of her Kick off to Christmas series.

Today I'm sharing with you my most favorite cookie recipe. Years ago {circa 2005} Martha Stewart published a special addition Holiday Cookie magazine. That's when I fell in love with the Peanut Butter-Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie. It's a very hearty cookie. It's so good you can't eat just one. I dare you to try...double dog dare you. I make them so much I've memorized the recipe.



I wish I was more like the Smitten Kitchen or The Pioneer Woman and had step by step photos of the recipe. But I'm a very unorganized cook and it never occurs to me to take a photo until the cookie jar is empty. Don't let my lack of photos fool you this cookie is superb!

Ingredients

3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
1/3 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
2 cups whole peanuts, salted


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl mix together oats. flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
Put sugars and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium until pale and fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs.

On low speed add the oatmeal mixture. Mix until it's combined. Mix in peanuts and chocolate chips.


Using a spoon or ice cream scoop, drop balls of dough two inches apart on a cookie. Bake until set and golden brown 12-15 minutes.

*tips* I have a gas oven and only bake my cookies for 12 minutes. If you like crisper cookies bake them longer. Since these are big cookies I typically only get six cookies on a baking sheet at a time.
I have a couple of cookie exchanges next month and this will be my go to cookie. I'm going to use this clever idea to present my cookies. Seriously, why didn't I think of that?

Source: laurengeiger.blogspot.com via Angee on Pinterest
So what's your favorite Christmas cookie?

Imprintalish


Thank you for sharing your cookie recipe Angee, they look so good...I'm such a sucker for any kind of sweet! My favorite cookie at Christmas though is just a good ole' shortbread! :)

That wraps up our 6th day of my Kick off to Christmas event...tomorrow we'll wrap it up with..yep...you guessed it, Wrapping ideas!!
Lish

No comments: