Hello lovely readers of Imprintalish! My name is Lauren and I blog over at Baby in Bulgaria. I'm so excited to be participating in Lish's Kickoff to Christmas and today I'm going to share with you one of my favorite cookie recipes! They are super easy and delicious. Ready to bake? Let's go!
Here's what we need:
- 500-700 grams of flour
-1 cup sunflower or vegetable oil
-1 tablespoon baking soda
-1 cup of beer (if you prefer, you can always use a non-alcoholic brand)
1) Combine the flour, oil, baking soda, and beer in a mixing bowl- this will make our dough
2) Mix everything together and keep adding flour as needed (I add about 200 grams over the 500)
3) Knead the dough until it's nice and smooth, it will seem a bit oily, but be sure not to over-flour
4) When you're happy with the dough, roll it out to about 1/2 inch thickness
5) Using a small, round cookie cutter(or a shot glass would work fine) cut out your cookies
6) Place them in an un-greased baking dish/cookie sheet and bake at 200 C/390 F until they are golden brown
7) In a medium sized bowl combine the powdered sugar and vanilla powder, give it a little stir to mix them together
8) When you remove the cookies from the oven, quickly drop them in the bowl while still warm and coat them with powdered sugar
9) Allow cookies to cool, serve and enjoy!
Now be sure to stop by Baby in Bulgaria to check out Lish's recipe for Skor Bars, yum!
Oh, these look delicious! And so easy!! Plus, you have beer in them and you used a shot glass as a cookie cutter!!! LOVE IT!Thanks so much for sharing Lauren!