Home About Shop Featured Contact Sponsor

Monday, January 30, 2012

Kitchen Flooring-Help Me Decide!

I have a flooring dilemma and need your help! We were going to go for Laminate in our kitchen and sunroom, but after looking at the fabulous choices in a wood look vinyl, and the durability of it, we decided to go that way. We narrowed it down to two that we love...

Number 1 is a Wide Plank and a bit more ridgier (is that a word?) on your foot. It has a warmer tone to it. I think it resembles a rustic hardwood more closely then number 2 and is $1.00 more a sq. ft.

Number 2 is a smaller plank and has a smoother feel then number 1. It is also a bit ashier in tone. It's maybe a little shinier then the first one too.

Problem....we like both!!!! We've layed on the samples, took our socks off, put our socks back on, the kids jumped on them too! Which do you think? One or two? Two or one?
Lish

16 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the coloring of ONE better. To me it seems more finished, whereas TWO kind of looks like worn out wood. I am really weird about wood, I always want it to have a uniform, finished appearance. Otherwise I will want to strip it, sand it, wash it and re-varnish and seal it. So I would have a hard time with a vinyl flooring that I couldn't do that to! Ha ha ha!

Sarah said...

I would go with number two. My In-Laws just put wood flooring in and it's more rigid and after having walked on it actually installed it's not as comfy on the feet as you think.

Alyx said...

I like #2! It just looks more real to me. I like it.

Alyx said...

I like #2! It just looks more real to me. I like it.

ANNE said...

I like 2 also because it looks old and worn but then I'm really into the rustic look...

Christina said...

Without seeing it close to your cabinets or other wood work, number 1. We are looking into wood look vinyl as well. I like those 2 samples you've shown us. I am going to have to go back to the flooring store and see if I can find something like that.

Digger said...

I like #2. It's rusty and artsy and it makes me SUPER jealous! lol! :) Just letting you know I nominated you for the Versatile blogger Award! :)

Live Laugh Rowe said...

{love} #2, friend :)

Kat of EmKatCreations said...

I love number one. It's more finished and has such a warm tone and feel.

Ashley said...

I prefer number one, whole heartedly!

mK said...

I like two!! :) Very rustic feeling!

Trisha @ Inspiration Laboratories said...

One seems warmer; two seems more rustic. I like one. :)

Anonymous said...

Rick and I both like number 1. Can't wait to see the finished product in October! X x x

Melanie said...

Ohhh pretty! We just layed down hard wood in our kitchen last summer, & we had such a hard time picking one, until... we found THE one! It was like meeting Mr Right!

I reaaaaly like #2! It just looks real & worn to me, but I love the rustic look. They both are great. I guess it just comes down to if you want a more worn, or polished look? So dang excited to see your gorgous new kitchen!

XO

Joyce said...

Number two. The colour will look great with your countertop. Did you try the sample at different places on your floor to see how the light affects it? Sooner or later one will say pick me!!!

Angee @ October Morning said...

I like #2. We are you getting it? I want it in my kitchen too. ;)