I am so happy to start 2012...it's like the opening of a Broadway curtain...anticipation, excitement of what's to come. I'm embracing 2012 in a big huge hug and hope it greets me with the same respond.
I don't usually make New Years resolutions...I would much rather make a list of what I want to accomplish. That way there's no time constraint and I won't feel as though I have failed if something goes awry. My list is made up of big major changes and some little tiny things to work on. Either way, I hope my list of things I want to accomplish bring some balance into my life.
So here it is, my list for 2012.
1. To be a better wife-I really want to get back to being a patient (was I ever really patient?) and not as quick to judge person.
2. To be a better mom-the last few months have been CRAZY. I really want to enjoy being a mom again.
3. To focus my creative energy on ONE thing at a time, and turn it into a dependable income.
4. To learn how to take good photos in indoors light.
5. To continue growing my blog. While writing my end of year post, I realized I may have lost the spark that I once had when it came to blogging. My focus shifted slightly during the last couple months and I was trying so hard to get to the latest linky and comment on 500 blogs and in the process I got too caught up in what was going on in the blogging world. I think I burned myself out.While I think it's still important to know whats going on in blogland, I'm not going to let it rule my life. I love making things but I don't want that to be the main focus of my blog. So I am going to continue sharing all the creative things with you guys but also get back to enjoying the simple things in life and writing about those.
6. To become healthier, eat less sugar and dare I say it...exercise...Seeing as I can't afford to buy a new wardrobe, I really need to figure out how to fit into my old one. I really would love to do one of the What I Wore...posts, but I'm not sure you guys want to see me in my yoga pants. I don't think I've actually ever lost any weight in my whole life, unless you count popping out a baby. So this may be a bit of a struggle, but 20 pounds of me must go!
7. To redo the framed photos in my stairway-looking at them you would never know we have another little boy in the house.
8. To spend time with my husband, I married him for a reason and would love to rekindle that feeling. So more date nights for us-they are non existent right now!
9. To organize and back up all my files on my computer...you should see the mess I've got going on!!
10. To actually make use of a calender and plan things out-including meals!!!
Well, there you have my personal to do list for 2012! Oh, and notice my raindrop photographs...yep, were still waiting for winter in this neck of the woods!!! Stay tuned for my 2012 To Do list for Imprintalish tomorrow!