Home About Shop Featured Contact Sponsor

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Getting to Know Nicole @ Knit Nicole Knit!

Well, today I am very happy to introduce you to Nicole Drouillard, one of my fab sponsors this month! Not only is Nicole a Canadian girl (just like me!) but she is the owner and creator of Knit Nicole Knit!, a one woman knitting production!

So let's get to know a little more about her, shall we?

Describe a typical day at Knit Nicole Knit...
Typical days at Knit, Nicole, Knit! are not very typical at all. We recently moved to a space that will eventually have a knitting studio for me to use. We're not quite there yet, but it's coming along. As of right now most of my days go like this: I wake up and feed my dog, Winston. Take him outside, and let him do his thing. I read my email before anything, and I do that while eating some kind of granola bar to hold me over until real breakfast happens. After all my morning routine is done, I set myself up with whatever knitting project I have on the needles, and start working on it. I'll do that while reading blogs, listening to podcasts, or watching Netflix or shows that I, or my boyfriend Richard, have downloaded. We're watching Breakout Kings and The Big C currently, and I am watching old episodes of Dirty Jobs, Deadliest Catch (I have a thing for Mike Rowe) and Myth Busters. Most days I knit all day. Other days, I start up some podcasts and make a hundred or so pairs of earrings in a sitting. I'm hoping to get some sort of actual routine going in the near future.


If you could describe your work/shop in ONE word, what would it be? Why?
I would choose cheerful. I have bright colours, sparkles, flowers and so much more. I can quickly look through my shop, and it cheers me up!

Do you have any advice for someone just starting up their own creative business?
Don't give up! I have rough days where I get next to no views in my shop, or craft shows where I don't break even. The important thing is to keep going. If your product has value, and is well made, it will sell. You just have to get the right people to see it. Promote like crazy without being spammy, and you'll increase your odds.

What's your favorite thing about being your own boss?
I'm SO glad I can sleep in! My days usually run from 10 or 11 am until 1 am. I like that I can stay up late and use all the ideas that come to me in the late night hours.

Where do you go for inspiration?
My inspiration comes from all over the place. I follow something like 500 blogs, so I see a lot of neat things. I also browse Etsy daily for ideas. I run a blog called I Love Etsy! that I post interesting items on several times a day. If I am ever stuck, I can go through a couple pages on there and get ideas.

 
Want to know/see more? Check out Nicole's SHOP & BLOG!
Lish

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! Thank you for sharing.


Funeral Flowers

Nicole said...

This looks wonderful! I love what you did with the colour bars on the photos!
Thanks a million :D
-Nicole
Knit, Nicole, Knit!

Melanie said...

What a talented lady, & very inspiring!! Beautiful!