Home About Shop Featured Contact Sponsor

Friday, May 25, 2012

Sponsor Spotlight-Mimi Baby Boutique


Describe a typical day at Mimi Baby Boutique...

I started this business as a way to support my little hobby. I find beading to be very relaxing so I make jewelry during nap time or after the kids are in bed.


If you could describe your work/shop in ONE word, what would it be? Why?
Feminine. Everything I make is intended to help women feel beautiful by adorning their bodies and homes in pieces that are delicate and pretty. I, myself, feel a little better about myself when I've got on just the right jewelry and I wanted to pass that feeling along.


Do you have any advice for someone just starting up their own creative business?
Don't give up! It's taken a long time for me to get the word out about my items. Lots of networking, freebies and just the right branding. We're still "up and coming" but I see progress every day. And never underestimate the power of helping someone out - they usually pay it back tenfold.


What's your favorite thing about being your own boss?
I set my own hours. I work only when I want to work (unless I have a huge order deadline) and I can still devote all my daytime hours to my kids.


Where do you go for inspiration?
Oh everywhere! I love trolling the craft stores for unique beads and charms. I check out what the women around me are wearing. And sometimes I just dig around in my craft supply boxes and think "hmm, what would happen if I combined these things here?"


Anything else you want to tell us...?
50% of the profits from my sales go toward charities that rotate quarterly. I love being able to use my hobby to help causes I believe strongly in. Also, 100% of profits from my Hunger bracelets go to charities dedicated to feeding children at risk for starvation.


For more info on Mimi Baby Boutique...
Lish

1 comment:

Cat said...

Thanks so much!