Home About Shop Featured Contact Sponsor

Monday, June 18, 2012

The Dad's Meow & Other Stuff

Happy Monday friends! I feel as though I have been missing out...I haven't been here for 4 days! By here, I mean my blog..I have been around though, just super busy....

First things first. Yesterday was Father's Day. And while I want to extend a huge thank you to my Dad, for being the best Dad ever! Obviously he has to be pretty great, because well, I'm pretty great too, hehe...All joking aside though, I really want to focus on my husband, Mike, in this post.


Up until 3 years ago, Mike had no idea how to act around kids. No experience from babysitting early on in life like most of us do. No idea how to change a diaper or sit in bed for hours and read kids books. No idea how to wipe off a squirmy baby after eating spaghetti. Or how to calmly wait for 5 minutes while a 3 year old tried to explain something.

He had no idea that his life would change in the blink of an eye, the second he held his baby for the first time. How the many hours spent on his Playstation would vanish, how PVR'd shows wouldn't get watched. Or how he would have to spend his Sunday mornings fighting for the remote when all he wanted to do was watch the last lap of Formula 1 on TV.

Yes, Mike's life is different now. But no matter how many sleepless nights he gets, how many cups of milk get spilled on the floor, he always usually handles things calmly and levelheaded, unlike his wife...

He appreciates the time that he gets to spend with the kids on weekends and graciously lets them climb all over him and excitedly scream in his ear. He kisses their booboos on their knees and pushes them on the swings. Teaches the oldest how to ride his big boy bike and shows the youngest how to drive trains...

He really is the best Dad any little person could ask for. 

 I knew the day that I married you that you would make a great dad, caring over and beyond to be a fabulous role model for our children. Thank you for being you and for giving me two precious adorable little guys, xo!

Happy Jax

Now on to the second bits of news...We have a THREE YEAR OLD in the house! Grayson celebrated his third birthday on Wednesday with a cupcake, which he was so delighted about! He had tons of fun helping decorate it too :)


We saved the big cake for his cool construction birthday party on Saturday...more details to follow on that, I'm still editing all 200 photos...but here is a sneak peak...

Lish

3 comments:

{Shannon} said...

I love that first photo! How fun! But I also love the one of the birthday boy! Happy birthday!! Cute idea on the construction zone :-)

Jenny said...

Aww, happy birthday to your little one! Stopping by from the Networking Blog Hop…I would love if you would come say hello :)
Modern Modest Beauty

Melanie said...

OHHHHH! Can't wait to see...
Happiest (late-ish) Birthday Mr G!

Lishy, this was the sweetest post. Both you love birds are so lucky & blessed to have each other. AND HECK YES... you are awesome! Daddy does sound pretty flippn great, & has some pretty (I mean handsome) blue eyes) xoxo

Thank you for linking up hon)