Home About Shop Featured Contact Sponsor

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Scattered Thoughts-Blogging & Life

Pinned Image
source

Happy December! It's that time of year- magical, snowy and full of memories! But no sooner do you get the tree up and decorated, your taking it down. All the baking you did is gone and bellies are full. Going here, going there, working longer and harder to pay those extra bills. Then the New Year comes and everyone is reflecting on what they should have done or will do the following year...ah....yes....{don't worry, I'll have a whopper of a post on that subject}

Anyway, the thing is, is that it goes by too fast, and I want to enjoy it, every day. Every second. I know that I have said it before, that I need to slow down and take things in a bit more, but then life happens {as it always does}so even when I say it, write it out and tell people that I am letting go of certain obligations I put on myself. I do more, I take on more. I like to be busy, but I also like to enjoy life. Call it a snowball effect, I guess. Case in point...

I was sort of thinking of taking a little break this month, a break from posting and checking in...Once I got really thinking about this idea, my next thought was... whoo hoo, free time!! Oooh...what should I do...

I could redo my blog design...
I could transfer my Etsy shop to Storenvy...
I could spend some time stocking up my shop {I'll probably be doing that anyway}...
I could paint the basement...
I could edit and organize a bazillion photos...not to mention back them all up properly.
I could work on all those little projects that never got finished...the photo wall in our bedroom, the chair for the office, scrap the living room ceiling...
I could actually go through the thousands of pages that I have bookmarked in my favorites folder and never read...
and the list goes on...

Pinned Image


Really?!!! Can't I just sit still? Relax. Play. Why is it that as soon as I give myself permission to let go of certain things, my time gets consumed by a bunch of other 'things'...stuff that doesn't really matter in the long run.

Anywho...

My blogging mojo just hasn't been there lately. That's the real honest truth of why I was thinking of taking a break. My posts have been scattered and not really meaning much. I've been in a lull and whereas I think a lull is ok from time to time and is needed to refuel, I didn't do much in my lull. I wrote random posts that didn't mean much and weren't put together with much care. I apologize. Busy'ness' or dare I even say, business, has gotten my life on a tight leash, leaving no room for pondering picture taking little moments/things. Those things that I used to find a bit of rest and solitude in became a chore. Even this post, writing about something that is clearly on my mind, didn't come easily. I have bloggers block.

Well, no longer....I forced myself to sit down, how nice, eh?...and write some things out that need attention, that need to be revamped...so here I am writing my things out...

1. I don't know when I stopped caring about what I was posting or when I started caring too much about what people thought about what I was writing...but it's become a problem.
2. I WISH that I could break out of the box in regards to treating my blog as a personal thing that I love to do {but with secret hopes of becoming so much more} Realistically I have no time to put that much effort into it, and then perhaps, I would be back in this same spot now, contemplating my scattered'ness'.
3. I've lost contact with the blogs and bloggers who inspire me. You guys have gotten lost in the jumble of of my blog role list. I've signed up to too many follow fests and blah blah blah. Lately nothing has gotten read, and I feel bad for missing out on things. I even began to think that if I wasn't reading it or hearing about it, then surely it wasn't that interesting to begin with, or that I wasn't missing out...haha...loser I am..cause I feel like I am missing out.
4. As great as Passionfruit is at helping me streamline the whole sponsor process, I don't feel as though I am still giving it 100%. And that's not fair to those that pay for a spot on my blog. As much as I think I can tweet and keep up with it all, I'm not in it full heartily. So things need to be changed.

The results...

1. I'm gonna post when I want to post, but try to keep a lite schedule throughout the week. I want to share an equal amount of photos, inspirations, crafts and stories, without being overwhelming in any one area. Wait, isn't that every bloggers wish?! Ha!I also want to post more outfits on here...maybe that will get my butt out of my pjs more often :)
2. I've never made any kind of double digit numbers on my blog, so why worry about it now? I'm letting this one roll off my back.
3. I am deleting and reorganizing. I'm going to use Bloglovin' to the nines, organizing your blogs into categories, if I don't read it, I'm deleting it. That may sound awful, but I need to prioritize. I've given up on trying to follow through GFC, blogger only ever updates me on a handful of blogs at a time, not all of them. Annoying! So now, when I get that that daily email from Bloglovin, I will scan through it and try to connect.Cause god knows I love it when you guys stop by my blog, so I want to do the same :)
4. I'm doing away with the whole Sponsor section. If I have buttons up it's because they are friends, or I have asked them to be there and I truly believe in their product or blog.

So there you have it. My scattered post on how scattered I am and how I plan to take action. It's not time for resolutions yet...but I am getting a head start.

Pinned Image

Photobucket
    Follow along on Twitter  Facebook  Pinterest

5 comments:

Leah said...

sounds like a great plan! sometimes it can get too overwhelming and I know what you mean about things being added on when you make it a point to get a break. it's like it never ends!
hope it turns out just the way you are planning it.

Jordan Marie @ hottlt.com said...

I love love loved this post. Casey Leigh wrote one a couple days ago that was really raw and I love when a blogger can just be their selfs. That is what you just did. Everyone gets and goes through that phase or "rut" that it sounds like you hit or just went through. I am happy to hear your new plan!! I have felt little bits the same as you, so know you truly aren't alone! I have you up in my bloglovin" and I have the app on my phone. Every bored moment or when I breastfed the baby to sleep, I catch up. If you have a smart phone, you should download it. Whenever I read a noteworthy post, I email it to myself with a comment or two. I can't wait to see all your changes!! Love ya!!! <3xojo

Jordan Marie @ hottlt.com said...

Sorry for the typos. Cracked screen. Lol. <3

Angee @ October Morning said...

Enjoy your break! You deserve it. I think it's important to follow your heart. Also don't feel guilty about deleting blogs from your blogroll. I do it all the time. I'd rather have five avid readers than 1,000 that skip over my post.

Sarah said...

This post spoke to me in so many ways. I started my blog as an outlet...but somehow I got lost in the blogosphere and started obsessing about followers, following blogs that I don't actually read (they don't deserve that) and checking page views like my life depended on it. I lost sight of what really mattered--connecting with like-minded people, reading blogs because I can't get enough, and putting out content that actually means something to me and is relevant to my life. I recently went through and eliminated blogs that I don't read (or remember following, for that matter), deleted a bunch of meaningless drafts, and let my ads expire. No more link-ups that require following 12+ hosts, no more missing out because my blog roll is clogged, and no more self-esteem blows over the fact that I haven't gained a follower in a week. There's more to life, and more to blogging. I realized that my blog-driven anxiety was actually a symptom of the pressure I was placing on myself to be everything to everyone all the time. A to-do list that can never be completed is a lot like banging your head against a wall...and on my death bed I won't be wishing I'd had more GFC followers. Thank you for posting this and reaffirming what I knew to be true: none of this is worth sacrificing what I really love. Even for a second.