Home About Shop Featured Contact Sponsor

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Raising Littles

Grayson had his first day of Junior Kindergarten yesterday...he wasn't too impressed to be on his way to school...



It didn't go too badly, I did catch a tear run down his cheek as he looked over his shoulder at me while holding the teachers hand going into the school, and ya I got a little choked up...

It made me realize all in this moment that he is growing up so fast and to see him upset is heartbreaking! Of course, no one wants their child to hurt, and thankfully this is the kind of sadness that will pass (he was all smiles at the end of the day), it's still hard.

As he skipped home from school this afternoon (after another rough start today!) I though to myself that hey, I didn't do too bad so far; raising a smart little guy who sometimes remembers to use his manners, who knows how to make people smile & laugh, but also knows when to comfort you and give out big hugs! He almost always eats all his veggies (recently anyway!), he also usually only needs to be told 3 times to stop doing something he's not supposed to and he is a great big brother! So ya, I think I did a pretty good job getting him this far...

The weird thing now though is not being involved with him every day, all day...not seeing his smiles all day long (although I do kind of enjoy this time with Westyn & the peacefulness of only having one kid at home!) All part of growing up and moving forward I guess.

Just kinda showed me that although raising littles is hard work, it's actually pretty easy when you think about how hard letting go is...

Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

No comments: