Home About Shop Featured Contact Sponsor

Thursday, September 11, 2014

What WOOD you do?

Moving is mind boogling enough, but to decorate, organize, create, parent, work, and grow a baby is making my mind even more jumbled! I practically think and dream Pinterest (when I'm not having freaky dreams about being a spy agent jumping off bridges-damn hormones!) but what I really should be doing is getting my butt in gear for the upcoming Made in Canada Etsy show in just over a week....eek....plus I started writing here again too-and I need to stick with that! LOL...

TODAY I need to get off my chest the first decorating obstacle that my husband and I stumbled upon in our new house...

WOOD TRIM VS. PAINTED TRIM!

Oh yes, the same old thing, husband wants the dark wood to stay the wife wants it to be white!
Mind you, I have no energy or time to strip, sand and paint it, but white just seems better-no?

Here are some pictures I took a few weeks after we moved in, so you know what I'm talking about...




After debating for weeks, we finally settled on leaving the wood, BUT only if after we change out the paint colors (which are so dreary!), we I like it :) And Mike thinks he won the battle, hehe....

Some inspiration that helped ease my mind on the decision...

5036c126e266b90c8f000321. h.500 w.540 s.fit

At Home With Rachel Denbow

victorian home with a bohemian decor


dark wood trim

What do you think? Did we make the right choice? What WOOD you do?

Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

No comments: