Home About Shop Featured Contact Sponsor

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Around the House- Family Traditions by Alyx @ Every Day is a New Adventure

Hey, Imprintalish Readers! My name is Alyx and I blog over hereI am so excited to be guest posting today - I absolutely love Alicia's blog and was super thrilled when she asked me to be a guest!

So. On to the good stuff - Christmas Traditions. 

My husband and I have only been married a little over a year, so we are still trying to figure out our own holiday traditions. We are currently living in Germany, where Christmas is pretty much a huge deal. Observe: 
That picture is a typical Christmas Market. We fully plan on visiting a few of those while we're here, but since we aren't here permanently, that doesn't exactly make for a tradition. 

Of course we plan on incorporating some of our family's traditions...
Every year, Hubby's family has a real tree (except last year, but that doesn't count), so we've decided to keep on keepin' on with that one. There's nothing like the smell of a real Evergreen just hangin' out in your living room, and that's something that I never really experienced until last Christmas.
Yes folks, that is a real tree. 

Every year, my folks gather together on Christmas Eve to bake cookies for Santa and read the story of Christ's Birth. This tradition has been really special to me, so it's definitely been a keeper (No, we don't have children yet - yes, we still bake cookies for Santa).

As for our own traditions - Hubby and I have decided that every year, on the day after Christmas, we will all pile into the car (or onto a plane, if we're rich enough), and go to a surprise destination to open our "big" presents for that year. This year, we and Hubby's parents will go to Paris, France, and open our presents under the Eiffel Tower. We thought this would be a really cool tradition to pass down to our children!

SO. What are your Christmas traditions? How do you and your family celebrate this magical time of year?! 

Imprintalish


Ummm, ya...I'll come to the Eiffel tower with you!!!!! I love the idea of a surprise destination for opening your presents! So cool! Thanks so much for sharing Alyx!

I'm not sure that we have any traditions quite yet, other then food...a breakfast staple on Christmas morning (has been since I can remember-and I've continued it) is always fruit salad with bananas and oranges (it really is yummy!). I've since added a yummy French Toast and peaches Casserole...
Lish

1 comment:

Grateful4Crochet said...

This is gorgeous!!!!!!
I love the snow Eiffel Tower pic and the Christmas markets lights!
And what an awesome idea to open big presents somewhere special