Home About Shop Featured Contact Sponsor

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

'Love' Felt Art

Today's DIY was for a guest post that I did over at Live.Laugh.Rowe last week, but I wanted to share it with you in case you missed it. It's super easy and barely costs a penny (ok, maybe a couple dollars!)


Supplies

8x10 Felt Sheet- I found mine at the Dollar Store -3 for a $1!
Scrapbooking paper
Letter Stencils-I used some Wooden Letters I found at the Dollar Store
Scissors
Frame- I used one I had laying around the house, I believe it's from IKEA

I used the word LOVE, and changed the 'O' to a heart. However any word would work! I didn't want the marker to show after I cut out the letter so I traced the letters backwards onto the felt sheet. I tried to use a marker that wasn't really dark or heavy as I didn't want it to show through once I flipped it over.

Cut out your letters carefully with scissors.

Flip the felt over and place it over top of your choice of printed scrapbooking paper.

Place into a frame and voila! Pretty Felt Word Art...there are so many possibilities with this!

Lish

8 comments:

Francesca said...

Love it! Super easy and cheap, exactly my kind of craft. And like you said, so many possibilities!

Unknown said...

Cute! I think I may have all the materials needed for this in my house already.

cheapcraftymama said...

So cute, I love working with felt but have never thought of doing something like that! I would love it if you would link up at my Valentines Party @ www.cheapcraftymama.com!

Carrie said...

What a great idea!! I would love it if you would share it tonight or tomorrow at our sharing party. Thank you!! We have a new one starting soon.
Carrie
http://craftymomsshare.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Cute idea! It never ceases to amaze me the things people think to do with simple materials that would just never occur to me! So glad you shared this at Shine on Fridays, girl!!

Unknown said...

So cute!! Thanks for linking up and don't forget about registering for my current giveaway....

Ramsign Giveaway: Porcelain Enamel Sign {up to $99 value}

XO, Aimee

MiaB said...

So nice... felt is amazing :) Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Sharing Saturday :)

~MiaB
www.mamamiasheart2heart.com

Lolly Jane said...

Way cute!!! Featuring this tomorrow :)
XOXO