Home About Shop Featured Contact Sponsor

Friday, May 11, 2012

Leap into Spring Finale

Happy Friday!!!

I was going through a bunch of old posts and ran across a guest post that I had written and thought I would share it with you in amongst a boat load of photos :) So here's my take on Spring along with some photos that I included in the Leap into Spring Photo Challenge.



Today I wanted to share with you a little bit of why I love Spring, especially in South Western Ontario, Canada {yep, I'm Canadian!}...

Curling up in front of the fireplace with a cozy blanket and warm mug of hot chocolate, gazing out the window at the blustery snow is such a romantic idea. Not that I ever have a chance to do that with little feet running around, but for the most part, the first few months of winter come with that nostalgic feeling. Then February hits...

... and the feeling of being isolated, unmotivated, and darn right cold are hard to shake. For myself, thinking of warmer days and bright cheery colors get me through that last hump of winter, just barely.

But then I see it...the first shoots of green popping through the dreary browns...

...like a little bit of sunshine on a rainy day. A flutter of hope that something exciting is about to happen. 


Watching trees bud and crocus's emerge right in front of my eyes is an amazing thing. Spring means that new life has begun, a fresh start to many things and a sense that I should be out doing something. It ignites a desire to do good and be a better person. Organizing and cleaning the previous seasons cobwebs from my home, hanging clothes out on the line, opening the windows and letting the cool breeze come in...


It's magical the way a little bit of color can change your day; providing a much needed healthy dose of inspiration and freshness. Outdoors, birds are chirping and the happiness just radiates from other's around you, each of them feeling the effects of longer and brighter days.



Once mid-Spring hits our gardens are full of color, the grass is greener and the sidewalks are filled with kids, sidewalk chalk flowers, bikes and people jogging with smiles and waves. You see, around here we may be Canadian, with our love for ski hills, hot chocolate, and tobogganing and we truly do enjoy our cold winters {at first} but we always welcome the warm weather with arms wide open, ready to fully embrace the next six months of beautiful sunshiny weather!

Just a few more pics that missed out on the Leap into Spring Challenge...



<em>Leap Into Spring!</em> Photo Challenge

Lish

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Beautiful pictures! We have a little garden and I literally leaped for joy when I saw the first little green pop up out of the brown dirt! :) Spring!

Patrice said...

What gorgeous photos!

Big Apple Mami said...

pictures are glorious!! xoxo