Home About Shop Featured Contact Sponsor

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Wrap it Up-Sarah @ Sarah Oretega Photography

Hello Imprintalish readers!
My name is Sarah from sarahortega.com and I'm so happy to be here today.
Now that you've had a full week of wonderful handmade gift ideas and tutorials, let me share with you a creative and easy way to wrap your presents.
These decorated gift boxes are easy and fun to make and would add a nice touch to any gift.
Enjoy!
 

Here is a fun and easy project to spruce up a plain gift box. These come in handy for birthday presents, Christmas gifts, or they can also make cute storage boxes for your own items. You can use whatever you have on hand to decorate and the possibilities are endless!

Each one of those boxes started out like this, plain and simple. I bought them in a pack of six at Jo-Ann Fabrics and with my 40% off coupon each box came out to about 40 cents a piece.


First I measured the top of the box and cut out a square of scrapbook paper. I also cut a second square slightly smaller for the inside of the box.


Next, I applied the paper to the box with a thin layer of Mod Podge. 


After allowing a moment to dry, I brushed some Mod Podge on top of the paper. It will go on white but dies clear and provodes a protective seal.


After this step I gathered some items to decorate.


Here is a really cool way to make a pretty paper flower. I found the awesome tutorial here.

1. Cut out 10 scalloped circles from a book (or a newspaper, scrapbook paper, magazine...)

2. Gather all the circles and use a 1/16" punch to make a hole in the center.

3. Attach a brad (the color doesn't matter because you won't be seeing it in the end result)

4. Layer by layer, scrunch up each circle

5. Now just fluff out the flower and voila!

Here is my finished product!


I love the pop of color on the inside.


Here's another look at the boxes I have made so far. Have fun making yours!



Imprintalish

I love these Sarah! So many options to dressing up a simple little white box! Thanks for sharing with us...now a wrapping I will go!
Lish

No comments: