Monday, March 26, 2012

Kitchen Reveal!!!!

I can't even believe that we have finally finished the kitchen! What's been months in the making (we started planing this in August!) and months in Reno (January to March) and then this last month we've been putting the finishing details in...

Although I can say the kitchen is done, the playroom/sunroom is not, for those that have been following along, it was our surprise part of the reno, and not a nice one.

But that aside we've finally made it and I've been dying to show you! First let's take a look at the before...




Ok, one last look at the before....

Tada!!! Do you love it as much as I do?!

Not only do we have standard height cabinets, but we also have standard depth cabinets and a wider work surface, pot drawers and a built in dishwasher! We've gained more cabinet space too by moving the dishwasher over beside the sink.

The microwave is up off the counter and our floors are to die for!!! For those of you that are wondering which floor we went with...we went with #1-the total opposite of what everyone liked...LOL! In the end Mike choose the final one, cause he said he had no say in the kitchen at all :)

I love our big sink, we went from a double to an XL single and it is perfect! And our tap no longer drips!
Oh, and check out the glass tile...LOVE!!! Originally I wanted either a turquoise or white subway tile...but we fell in love with this 1x2 slate colored one, I know..total opposite!

I also love my light fixture that I made! For the full tutorial go{here}. Unfortunately, it is still the only fixture in the kitchen. We do plan on adding a ceiling light, but I can't stand the thought of ripping holes in the ceiling now that it is 'finished.'

I love my Vintage Tins too-thanks mom! For our counter top we went with a standard laminate. Durable, and easy on the wallet.

The biggest change to our kitchen though was to the side the dishwasher used to be on. We went with  shallow depth cabinets here, which left lots of room to walk around each other in our very long galley style kitchen. We also left the upper part empty so that I could add some creative touches and pops of color!


I bought this old shutter at a flea market a couple summers ago and it has been sitting in the garage till now. I've had this end result in mind for so long and have now been able to actually use it! It was a dirty old white color and now it is a distressed turquoise. LOVE IT!

My curtains totally kick butt too...I got the material from Tonic Living and it was the inspiration for the whole room. 

I saw an idea like this on Pinterest, where they used spoons on the wall as little nesting spots for trinkets. I just flipped it around and it became a hook for our hand towel. I have plans to add some more spoons as decorative elements, but all in good time!

I love how wide open the space is now, two people can walk around each other without having to squeeze by and there is so much counter space!!

All in all, yep I pretty much love it...

But was it worth living in chaos for two months? Worth the amounts of drywall dust I had to clean off everything? The ridiculous amounts of emails back and forth between our kitchen installer over things that were incorrect? The fights between Mike and I over finishing details? The amount of time spent trying to juggle our kids and getting things done?

MMM...ya...but let's just say we will not be doing another LARGE Reno anytime soon!

Linking up :
Visit thecsiproject.com

Lish
This Post was Sponsored By PinkCamelia-Casual Jewelry

41 comments:

  1. Sighhhhh.... sighhhhhh again... Girlfriend this is beautimous to the max! I LOVE every pretty little detail, you put everything together just Lishy (Lishy= my new word for perfect/awesome/rad... you get it!)!
    Kiddos to the hubs, the floor is super Lishy too! Btw, in love w/ the turquoise shutter.)

    Hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love this sweet remodel! It is amazing that you can make a small-ish kitchen functional and pretty with a few small tweaks and upgrades!

    Also (and this is totally just a random observance so take it or leave it) but with that coral bar you put on your pictures, I'm wondering what it would look like if you added a pop of that color by painting one wall a bright coral? Just a thought that popped in my head!

    Looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! Nicely done! I can't get over how much I LOVE that backsplash tile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! that looks great! i love the back splash, actually, i love all of it! so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! That looks amazing!!!! So happy it's finally finished!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful space, I love the use of shutter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks so nice and fresh and bright! You did a very nice job! I love the spoon dish towel holder, I saw that on pintrest too and have been itching to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sure looks great. I love the floor choice. Everything is so fresh and pretty. The aqua shutter is fab! Enjoy your new space =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous job. I love the tile and the shallow depth counter. Lots of inspiration there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving this kitchen redo Lish! Soooo envious of those POT DRAWERS!!! Kudos to you girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is absolutely beautiful! I love it!! What a wonderful kitchen! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Very nice! So many beautiful updates!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I so totally LOVE IT! This makes me excited to work on the kitchen when I get home!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It turned out SO well! I love everything about it! If you are interested, we would love for you to share this at our link party! Our readers really enjoy a good kitchen renovation!

    Take care,

    Trish

    www.uncommondesignsonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your kitchen looks amazing, such fresh and open. All the small touches, shutter and such, look great1

    ReplyDelete
  16. What I wouldn't give for a kitchen so lovely as yours. Very nice. Hi Lisa, I'm Connie @ http://hotflashncraftn.blogspot.com/, your new GF friend. Stop by and be my friend, and while your visiting check this out http://hotflashncraftn.blogspot.com/2012/03/easy-hanging-towel-tutorial.html, this towel would look awesome on your stove. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome kitchen. I like not only the before and afters but durings as well they really show what we put up with when renovating to get to the after!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Totally worth the wait and all the upheaval! Your kitchen looks so fresh and cheerful now. One day I will have a beautiful kitchen . . .

    Love the vintage cannisters on the counter!

    Claire @ alittlesomethinginthemeantime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your new kitchen!! Love those details that make it yours, like the light fixture and sparkling backsplash!

    http://www.remodelandolacasa.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love it and I'm insanely jealous...sigh!
    Just to let you know I featured you on homework today! Pop by for a featured button.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Found you from Homework's feature (I was also featured. :) Your kitchen turned out wonderful! I was so surprised to read that your counters our laminate - from the pictures, they look like concrete. The laminate you chose looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You kitchen looks so very pretty! LOve all the details and additions...it was worth the effort. You must just love it! Thanks for linking up this week - hope to see you back this week!
    STacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are featured - come grab a button!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm featuring your gorgeous kitchen today!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. It looks great! I love the floor!!!
    -Nicole
    Knit, Nicole, Knit!

    ReplyDelete
  26. love your kitchen and love the spoon idea. So creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'll be featuring you Tuesday night at the beginning of {wow me} wednesday. You were one of the most viewed links at last week's party. Yay! Thank you so much for linking up!

    Ginger @ gingersnapcrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the before and afters! I like the brought colors and I'm in love with your canisters =)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your kitchen is soooo pretty! Oh am I wishing for white cabinets. I love the backsplash, floor, curtains, everything! Now following :)

    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  30. It looks amazing Lish. I love the glass tiles, the color is beautiful.You did a great job on everything.

    ReplyDelete
  31. It's so pretty! Enjoy your new kitchen!!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  32. Yay for being done! I love that it was done on a budget and that light is amazing! Enjoy it all!

    ~Ellie @ beauty4ashes-ellie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. DROPPING BY FROM CSI PROJECT, AND LOVE YOUR BACKSPLASH!

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a beautiful little kitchen! I love how you did the floor with the planks sideways so it kind of plays a trick on the eyes and makes it look wider! And all your colorful little touches are so pretty, love the blue shutter note holder, very clever! The canisters look surprisingly familiar... my mom had those same ones when I was growing up!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh , beautiful.. I love the bright colors & the cheeriness of it all..
    very nice. Lots of work , but so worth it..
    the canister set looks like the sets that were sold in the early 1980s . I was given one as a wedding gift in 1980. I still have one left.
    thanks for posting all your work. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  36. This kitchen is absolutely breathtaking! I love everything about it


    Kitchen Cabinet Santa Fe
    Home Kitchen Remodeling

    ReplyDelete
  37. I LOVE your kitchen cabinet! It is so modern and stunning! I pinned it for inspiration!

    Parker Affordable Furniture

    Kitchen Cabinets Parker

    ReplyDelete
  38. I absolutely LOVE the look of your kitchen now. It's so gorgeous. You should be proud of yourself!!

    Cleveland Table Furniture

    Cleveland Affordable Furniture

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.