Home About Shop Featured Contact Sponsor

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

DIY Coat Rack Revamp


Remember the Coat Rack from this post

Originally, I thought of using it in the toy room (painted yellow) to hang the boys' costumes and hats on...BUT then I found myself needing a rack or something to display my scarves on in a local salon, so I started brainstorming and this is what I came up with...

First, I removed the hooks and soaked then in combination of CLR and water {cause who knows what was on them last!!} and then gave the stand a good wash and scrub followed by a light sanding {I hate a long drawn out projects and knew that I wanted a distressed finish, so I wasn't really following any How To's on how to properly finish furniture {So if you have a really nice piece of furniture you want to refinish-please don't follow my instrutions!}



Next I painted the rack with two coats of white paint.While I waited for that to dry, I washed and rinsed the hooks and then I sprayed them with two coats of Black spray paint.


The next day, I gave the whole rack a light sanding to rough up the edges for a rustic and worn look.



And voila...here it is in action!!!


A pretty little stand to show off some of my accessories at Glow Hair Studio!!

Linking up with...Homework, Funky Polkadot Giraffe, Vintage Wanna Bee, Live Laugh Rowe, 52 Mantels, I Gotta Create, The 36th Avenue, Happy Hour Projects, Tatertots & Jello, Create & Inspire

Photobucket
    Follow along on Twitter  Facebook  Pinterest

{Featured Sponsor}


Photobucket

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this!! New follower!
Please come by and visit
Hannah @HurleyLove

Anonymous said...

Looks great!

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings said...

Wow! This is an amazing DIY! Perfect for scarves!

Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings