Tuesday, September 25, 2012

DIY Coat Rack Revamp


Remember the Coat Rack from this post

Originally, I thought of using it in the toy room (painted yellow) to hang the boys' costumes and hats on...BUT then I found myself needing a rack or something to display my scarves on in a local salon, so I started brainstorming and this is what I came up with...

First, I removed the hooks and soaked then in combination of CLR and water {cause who knows what was on them last!!} and then gave the stand a good wash and scrub followed by a light sanding {I hate a long drawn out projects and knew that I wanted a distressed finish, so I wasn't really following any How To's on how to properly finish furniture {So if you have a really nice piece of furniture you want to refinish-please don't follow my instrutions!}



Next I painted the rack with two coats of white paint.While I waited for that to dry, I washed and rinsed the hooks and then I sprayed them with two coats of Black spray paint.


The next day, I gave the whole rack a light sanding to rough up the edges for a rustic and worn look.



And voila...here it is in action!!!


A pretty little stand to show off some of my accessories at Glow Hair Studio!!

Linking up with...Homework, Funky Polkadot Giraffe, Vintage Wanna Bee, Live Laugh Rowe, 52 Mantels, I Gotta Create, The 36th Avenue, Happy Hour Projects, Tatertots & Jello, Create & Inspire

Photobucket
    Follow along on Twitter  Facebook  Pinterest

{Featured Sponsor}


Photobucket

4 comments:

Hannah Hurley said...

I love this!! New follower!
Please come by and visit
Hannah @HurleyLove

Nancy said...

Looks great!

Jayme and Mendi said...

Wow! This is an amazing DIY! Perfect for scarves!

Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

Maria Kylie said...

16,000 woodworking plans inside...(2 days left)

I just discovered this and suggest you see this immediately...

==> All the woodworking tools you will need

There are over 16,000 woodworking plans that comes with step-by-step instructions and detailed photos

Cool thing is, I've been quietly using the plans for the past 2 months to build my outdoor projects

Here's why its so cool:

- Over 16,000 Woodworking Plans
- With CAD/DWG software to view/edit plans
- Step-by-step instructions with photos
- High quality blueprints and schematics
- Lifetime members area with woodworking videos

You'll love it.

Check it out now as the offer ends in 2 days: ==> Diagrams which are detailed with a full set of dimensions

Go now as this offer comes down in

the next few days (time sensitive): ==> Step -by-step instructions how to start your project

Your Name Here

P.S TedsWoodworking has fast become the most popular woodworking package. The sale price will not last forever. If you are looking for best blueprints, illustrations and plans to make any project easy and hassle-free, than I urge you to get in while its cheap.

Click here to visit his site now: ==> The necessary materials for that particular project