Home About Shop Featured Contact Sponsor

Monday, September 24, 2012

Yummy, Melt in Your Mouth Homemade Biscuits

Fall is here, and you know what that means?! Super delicious casseroles and crock pot goodness that just beg for a good biscuit for dippin'...

You may be familiar with the Snowflake Scone, well, this is the same recipe but instead of a scone shape..were doing the traditional square biscuit...so I've called them...


INGREDIANTS

3 cups all purpose flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup granulated sugar
Pinch of salt
3/4 cup margarine
1 egg beaten in a 1 cup measure
Milk added to the egg to make 1 cup

Stir together the dry ingredients. Cut margarine into the dry ingredients. Add egg-milk mixture. Mix quickly and lightly, just until no dry ingredients remain.

Scrape onto lightly floured surface and knead gently 8-10 times. Pat out till 1" thickness, cut into squares. Place on greased cookie sheet {or stone pan} and bake at 425 F for 8-10 minutes. Serve warm.



These are absolutely delicious and I bet you can't stop at just one. I love mine with butter, but jam would be so good too. Add a touch of cinnamon if serving fro brunch too...yum, yum!



Photobucket
    Follow along on Twitter  Facebook  Pinterest

{Featured Sponsor}

Photobucket

9 comments:

Sarah said...

I am a sucker for a good biscuit. These look SO good and easy to make. Thanks for sharing...I will be trying them out this weekend!

Unknown said...

Looks yummy! Makes me think of those cheddar biscuits they sell at Red Lobster.

Nicky @ Pink Recipe Box said...

I can't believe how light and fluffy your biscuits look! Pinning :)

Shiloh said...

They look fantastic! I love the idea of cinnamon added.

Christy said...

I love me some homemade biscuits. I have never been able to get them to work, though. I'll give your recipe a try. Thanks for linking up to tip-toe thru Tuesday. Have a great week.

Annie said...

Oh my.. these look amazing! My mouth is seriously watering right now.. thanks for sharing!

Adorned From Above said...

your biscuits look delicious. I have a link party on Wednesdays, and I would love it if you would link this and any other posts. It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party. It runs from Wednesday to Sundays.
http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/09/how-to-make-natural-tinted-lip-balm-and.html
I hope to see you there. I am your newest follower, and I would love for your to follow me also. Have a great Day.
Debi Bolocofsky
Adorned From Above
www.adornedfromabove.com

Gina Kleinworth said...

I'm always looking for new sides to go with dinner. These look great!

Andie Jaye said...

those look soooo good! i should know better than to look at food posts when i have the midnight munchies :) thanks for linking up to tip-toe thru tuesday.